• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Factory original tan interior sample?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
This is what I have in my Black Alpine ( code #1) Not anywhere near stock as I believe it was black with a black
interior when new. These are actually Series IV seats. They're just a bit nicer than the SV seats.

Cheers!
Steve
IMG_1319.JPG

AlsPine

Donation Time
No not original.. Car appears a S3GT.. But door trims are not factory parts and headling and wheel cover match the trims..non factory dash.. So def not a source for a case study

Hi, Yes, not original dash. This S3 GT was color code 61, wish it wasn't changed.
From what I can find out, it was re worked about 12 years ago.
Here is a photo of the dash that has come out, and the one that is going in. Have all the bits to install the fresh air vents. Replacing the wiring harness and converting to negative ground also. The new dash is Birdseye Maple, will go well with the color of the car. The standard switch in the center is for the late OD, SPDT momentary contact, Lucas doesn't make one. Made a special finish ring adapter ring to match the other switches.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
The only suggestion I can make is to look to other Rootes cars at the time and see what options they had.

It doesn't answer the question on if any Alpine actually was built by the factory with a tan/brown interior. But, it at least shows what the options could have been.

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
My original upholstery is showing signs of wear. Every day I find yellow dust coming from beneath the seats.

The car is originally red. I was thinking tan with red piping, after seeing the black car with tan seats and black piping.

The Baby blue Tiger at the Queen's English had tan seats with blue piping was MAGNIFICENT! got me thinking.

Anybody have an interior like that?

Emmett Cassidy
ASeries2@aol.com