• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Factory original tan interior sample?

fireroad

Donation Time
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a small piece of the factory original tan interior vinyl? Looking for a piece that I can take to an upholstery to try to find a close match.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a small piece of the factory original tan interior vinyl? Looking for a piece that I can take to an upholstery to try to find a close match.

Fireroad,

You've set yourself a true quest.

This link is to the "tech data" page for paint color and interior colors and what colors were supplied together.

Please read the final paragraph about anomalies as well.

Good luck,

fireroad

Donation Time
Fireroad,

You've set yourself a true quest.

This link is to the "tech data" page for paint color and interior colors and what colors were supplied together.

Please read the final paragraph about anomalies as well.

Good luck,

A needle in a haystack for sure! I've read all the technical bulletins on the tech data page, many more than once. There were a few black Alpines and Tigers that came from the factory with tan interiors, but they are rare.

My Embassy Black came with the scarlet interior. When the first owner passed away they family left the car out in the California sun and it UV destroyed all the vinyl. The second owner gutted it and replaced only the seats, softop, and carpet in tan which looks really sharp (I hate red interiors) but they are all ready to be replaced again. I've seen many pics of Alpines and Tigers with tan/bisque/buckskin interiors but its hard to tell what is original and its extremely hard to match from an internet photo.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
There is nothing original about my Alger, but this is what you get from Sunbeam Specialties when you order tan interior products. I think it will look great with my blue paint and dark blue carpet.20201030_162020.jpg

fireroad

Donation Time
What did you asked here? Didn't you asked about factory stock interior?...Geez!...I don't understand the point of all this?
Jan

Jan - I’m not sure why my post upsets you so, but there were indeed SVs that shipped from the factory with tan interiors. It was not a regular catalog combination, and the jury is out as to whether they were a limited run or a custom order option. The majority of them never left Europe so it’s not a commonly known fact. It is, however, documented in the Tech Section: Color Codes and Interior Schemes of this forum. Maybe try reading that first before you comment?

We have no documented proof that shows the availability of custom interiors at this time. It is, however, known that there are anomolies. For example: In one case we have expert documentation of a S3 GT with code 68 Autumn Gold paint that was factory fitted with black interior with GOLD seat piping. There are also examples of coarse grain Tiger interior vinyl being installed into SIV and SV Alpines. This also holds true for Tan interiors on Embassy Black SIV and SV Alpines. By this time Embassy Black had become available by special order and Tan was used in at least one reliable example. Special order interiors were rare to say the least and this list should be considered a standard without deviation.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Where did you hear all this? They NEVER HAD tan interiors.....Geez. Again show me evidence of this..
Also, do you have a name? I would like to know WHO I'm addressing. Thats very annoying not to sign without a name.
Jan

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
This also holds true for Tan interiors on Embassy Black SIV and SV Alpines. By this time Embassy Black had become available by special order and Tan was used in at least one reliable example. Special order interiors were rare to say the least and this list should be considered a standard without deviation.

I'm guessing my black Tiger was a pretty rare one then. Ah well... I enjoyed it when I was in college...

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 35

alpine_64

Donation Time
There is a well known embassy black tiger with original tan interior. The car was used as the basis of one of the automodello 1:43 models...i was a bit disappointed as its such a rare combo that i think it would have been better with the scarlett interior...

That said... It was a factory black over tan

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been around sunbeams for fifty years. I suppose there could have been special order upholstery. I remember something Wally Swift told me that when Chrysler took over Rootes they did away any colors other than black for the interior. Wally worked for Chrysler and was import manager for Rootes vehicles. I would wonder if cars ordered in the UK could have had optional colors!

AlsPine

Donation Time
Here is a photo of my S3 GT that was bought new in Germany by a man in the army, then shipped to the US.
It has dark brown interior.. Don't know if it is original. I think that SS only had the light brown/tan interior kits.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (11).jpg
    s-l1600 (11).jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 37

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
I found this picture on the internet years ago. Been my screensaver for as long as I can remember.

Whomever owns this car, you are very lucky person. I like to buy you a beer !Red with Tan.jpg

AlsPine

Donation Time
"Very sharp. What color is the paint?"

Here is another photo.

Attachments

• IMG_7366.jpeg
    IMG_7366.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 21

alpine_64

Donation Time
Here is a photo of my S3 GT that was bought new in Germany by a man in the army, then shipped to the US.
It has dark brown interior.. Don't know if it is original. I think that SS only had the light brown/tan interior kits.
No not original.. Car appears a S3GT.. But door trims are not factory parts and headling and wheel cover match the trims..non factory dash.. So def not a source for a case study