• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Euro Auto Festival

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Not me. Used to go to this show almost every year when it was at the BMW factory/museum. Wonderful venue then and really informal. Starting last year they decided to go upscale and make it like the concours at Amelia Island, Pebble Beach, etc. and move it to a golf course along with much higher registration costs. The German+Italian car owners like it but not many of the British folks.....Thankfully we still have some great British car shows here in the SE and Sunbeam club related events!

Last edited:

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
There is the British day at Denton,NC, hosted by Doug Higgins. I understand it is a beautiful place [I have never attended].
Is it appropriate to invade w/ Sunbeams. Bringing a covered dish if you go.
Check it out at WWW.ccbas.org.
Steve, is this the event you have been telling me about?

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
British gathering

Attended the Uwharrie Mountains British Car Meet yesterday.
Super beautiful day in a country setting w/ a beautiful lake and out building for "outings"; lots of really nice British cars including 5 Sunbeams. Relaxed, no judging, and very gracious host, Doug Higgins.
Thank you to Doug and all the other organizers.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We went to the British car show in Charleston this last weekend-over 100 British cars but only two Sunbeams. Dan R dropped by for a visit.
Just perfect weather and almost hot at about 85 degrees and sunny.
The drive down and back was wonderful with many miles between cotton fields all white like snow. The perfect end of the British car show season for 2016!

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Guys (Doug, George, John and your lovely wives you to Steve K
It was great seeing you in Denton Doug Higgins also opens his farm in the Spring,
I hope to see you guys there again maybe a few more Sunbeam (5 ) was a good showing
my MG pals where impressed
Normally spring get together comes after SC show in Columbia
Stephen

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I spotted Stephen's Blue Alpine there and knew it right-a-way

I have a son that lives in Asheboro.... Maybe I can make it next year,