• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Equivalent brake caliper for SV

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
A friend of mine acquired a barn find, an Alpine V 66. Lots of work ahead. Most parts are with it. Unfortunately the PO removed the front brake calipers, probably to move the car around the barn. Also the left front seat (driver side) is missing.
Is there a equivalent caliper product which can be used (MG, Cortina etc..)
Thanks Andy

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
It's been quite a few years, but I was able to use Triumph calipers which were bolt on. I cannot remember if they were from a TR 3 or TR 4 but I got them from Apple Hydraulics.

Ed

gordonra

Donation Time
Mercury Capri calipers are very close. They bolt on, but the hydraulic fitting is M10 metric instead of 3/8 english. You can usually buy adapters at your local parts house.

The Capri pad retainer pins are a little larger than the stock Alpine, so you have to open the hole size, or use Capri pads.

Rich

AlpineII

Donation Time
I installed the Capri calipers with metric flex lines as noted below. Picked them up from Napa for under $100 a pair. The difficulty was finding metric M10 nuts to hold them to the bracket at the wheel. No one in town carried them so I had to order a case of 50 nuts to get the two I needed.