• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Eppie Weitzes Alpine

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eppie was a Canadian driver in the 1960's and 70's. Very competitive driver, Canadian F 5000 champ and a top 10 driver in the US F5000. His father was a Rootes dealer about 1960 and Eppie drove an Alpine in their Class 9 to a championship. Does anyone have any information on this and the car? Nice article on him in Vintage Racecare Magazine.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
His Alpine is still around but had substantial damage if I understand correctly due to a partial roof collapse. I am not sure if it will be restored.

If you PM me with your Email I can send you an article or two from the period with photos of him racing his Alpine.

Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve,

Was that the white SIV with 2 carnival red stripes down it and red roundels on the doors + the "S" sunbeam logo we have on the top left of the forum on the rear guard? I had seen pictures of that car at Canadian shows in the not that distant past.

beamS3

Donation Time
Eppie Weitz

The white car previously mentioned is owned by Al Weller. Al owns 2 racing Alpines including Eppie's. However, the car mentioned is the Rootes sponsored Dennis Coad's car which was in fact a series 2 car with the fins shaved to look like a series IV. As I understand, the Weitz/George Eaton car was damaged in a roof collapse; but the car is in restorable condition.

beamS3