• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine Block Paint

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
I’m currently rebuilding the engine for my SIV. Can anyone recommend a good quality HT paint for the engine block? The local auto parts stores only seem to carry rattle cans, I was thinking of using brush on paint.

Attachments

• IMG_5846w.JPG
    IMG_5846w.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5902w.JPG
    IMG_5902w.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 52

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've used 2-part marine epoxy in the past in my race engines - on the inside and outside of the block - and it works a treat. Color selection, however, is limited.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dupont Centari A/E gloss black. Never use any activated urethanes on bare metal, it will flake off in about a week (after it really dries hard)
Jan

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I used Duplicolor HT engine enamel on my 1725. Goes on fanastice and dries quickly. Has help up great for the short time it has been on. I would definitely use it again.

Jim

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Gloss Black
They were all painted black except the last of the seriesVs. They were a grayish-light blue.
Jan