• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine bay colour

Wombat

Donation Time
My Series IV is (was) Moonstone, but the engine bay is black. I have seen some cars with black engine bays and some with body coloured bays. Which is correct? I am thinking body colour.

Thanks

lemansvk

Donation Time
G'day Robert,

When I bought my SIII the engine bay was black and I thought it was OK - until it started peeling off, just like the inside of the boot. Underneath was the original Carnival Red. Remnants of a dodgy paint job in my case. The very original SIV owned by my local friend is the same colour above and below bonnet

Cheers, Vic

alpine_64

Donation Time
All alpines and Tigers are the same body colour in the boot, doors, engine bay and underneath as they are on the external body panels. This also includes the floors etc in your interior.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

What about the grill area before the radiator support panel :confused: . Some have this area painted black and some the body colour. Were the later Alpines/Tigers painted this way?

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

What about the grill area before the radiator support panel :confused: . Some have this area painted black and some the body colour. Were the later Alpines/Tigers painted this way?

Regards, Robin.

On the SIV-V and tigers the portion behind the grill finishing strip on the valence is painted black. Though there seemed to be some discussion as to when this started