• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electric Water Pump

Dan Moore

Donation Time
Yes I did to allow for the tiger front suspension and rack I cut into the firewall and welded in new sheet metal
I used the old steering mounts to bolt on motor mounts that I made made ss headers added f 10 master cylinder and a modified tiger ( don't tell the Tiger Guys ) rad and electric fan
I also cut holes in fender wells to add in cooling and added a hood scoop welded to the hood I did all this in the 80,s but rebuilt a new motor in 2008 but have yet to finish motor has a lot of the Sven Pruitt mods done and if you look at the picture on the cover of the book I have the chrome pan on mine
Dan

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very interesting in that you moved the engine back into the firewall in order to utilize a tiger rack.

How much clearance for the distributor?

I have the Pruitt Book which I have referred to often.

Dan Moore

Donation Time
Dan
Originally I used the pan from the Mustang II that is 1 of the reasons The other reason was the motor mounts and there is lots of room for the dizzy .
Mike 1 of the hoses is the by pass that goes to the original lower thermostat housing the other goes to the top right hand side of the rad m0ds too the rad
As for the relief I am not sure what you mean is it on the manifold ?

Dan Moore

Donation Time
No Mike I did grind a little on the bottom of the manifold so it would not touch the front timing cover and only in that area
I did take a piece of aluminum 1/2 thick then I drilled it for the 3 hole manifold and counter sunk 3 allen head bolts then drilled it for the 2 hole thermostat put on some silicone on the plate and the gasket and bolted it on