• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ebay tiger

O

odl21

and there's another red one on ebay that is in the registry as being in Elk Park, NC in december. now its for sale in Concord, CA - could it be real?

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Its hard to tell without looking at it in person! The exhaust pics show some interesting things that do not look right? You need to look at it in person.:cool:

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The black dash and short shifter are consistent with the very early (#149)Tiger VIN. If it were a conversion, it would have to be a very oooold one. Early converters usually weren't as sophisticated in covering their tracks, so the standard telltale signs should be more obvious. Only a personal inspection by someone knowledgable will do, though.

"Daily driver"?? As in, right after you buy it? Maybe for a little while - and slowly. There's what looks like a big, long rust hole or crack where the Tiger tunnel attaches to the passenger-side floorboards, and a lotta 'brown' in the other undercarriage photos. It might still have its original ball joints. And before it drives at all, the brakes need a complete overhaul and replacement of some components. (i.e. "pulling brakes" likely means frozen caliper piston(s).)

The seller's description sounds pretty honest: "....should be restored."

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Jim E

Donation Time
Looks like a lot of Tig for the current 10k price compared to what I have seen of course it will not stay at that for long at a guess.

Buckeye64

Donation Time
I went and looked at this Tiger, only 15 minutes from my house.
The guy who is selling it also has a restored 65 Tiger, beautiful example.
The car does have some issue but with a little help it could be a great car. I would not start driving it for an everyday user but it would take very little to get it up to par.
I think it’s an honest Tiger that has seen little care over the years and it’s starting to show it.
For the price would make a good starting point.

Buckeye64

Donation Time
Didn’t have time yesterday to write a full report on this Tiger, so here we go:

Exterior: The car is a 20 footer, but when you get close the paint job is really bad. It as runs and drips and just doesn’t look good, looks like an amateur job.
Does have some bondo, both front quarters and both back quarters had some work but it looks like the bondo only runs about 2-3 inches up. The hard top is in good shape except the glass and the headliner, easy fix.

Interior: everything needs to be restored, you can drive it as is but should have a total make over. The MG seats stink, the angle of the front seats make it a tight squeeze getting in and out, also very little room between your knees and the steering wheel.

Undercarriage: As the photos show it does look good under the car, the floors will have to be replaced and the rear of the trunk (where the cross over tubes sits) is rust through, not bad but will need attention. The trunk floor has some holes but may be able to be patched instead of replacing the whole floor.

Engine: Does look like the original engine but I was not able to determine that for sure.
Cranked a few times and it came to life, sounds good and strong with no smoke on start up or running.

The brakes will have to be rebuilt but what Alpine or Tiger hasn’t had that done!!
The exhaust is not original and not sure when it was replaced.
ID Tags look good and it doesn’t look like they have been tampered with.

This car will need work, but for the money it may go for it will make a nice investment.
I would buy this car over the red one that is up for auction on e-bay now.
Not sure about the body or frame of the red one and what would it cost to put it right.
This White car is solid and would be an easy fix.