• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay Corvette

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Nice bench seat, 1968 Mopar side marker lights, aftermarket side pipes and to top it off an alternator which wasn't used on a vette till 1963. Real 1958 vintage performance parts.

skywords

Donation Time
Is it one of the mules or the actual test car? He doesn't say. The mag body would be an absolute bitch to restore, I know from my experience with the stuff on Beechcraft and other airplanes. 70 clams for that thing man o man.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
No, I don't think it is a Mule, it is a Fiberfab body on a Corvette... see some of the comments on "Bring a Trailer". Just looking at the details I agree that it is a Fiberfab or similar fiberglass body and not the real deal.

I am thinking "Yo-Dan" got "Yo-taken" for a ride. (I may be wrong but I don't think so)

Steve

Jim E

Donation Time
normal_centurion.jpg

Think this is a fiberfab

7045_12.JPG

Seems pretty close

agmason

Donation Time
The seller is talking about the Corvette SS which raced at Sebring in 1957. That car had a suspension failure after a few laps. The mule the seller is refering to was bought by Ed Cole who rebodied it. The new body resembled the 1963 Sting Ray and was raced in SCCA competition and won the C modified class around 1960. The car became a show car after its racing career was over. Nothing I read ever mentioned a third mule chassis so I think the seller is mistaken.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Clearly the car isn't a proto-mule. His description even leaves it open to interpretation by indicating it was his father who stated all the history. Which is essentially saying the history is unsubstantiated.

How that will shake out when the buy determines it really isn't the mule is hard to say. Technically, the buyer had all the information to make an informed decision. I would say 70k is one whale of a price to pay for a Fiberfab Corvette on a late 50's chassis.

Steve