• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay Australia - Front Suspension Kit

TheBrownHornet

Donation Time
Greetings All,

There's parts for a front suspension rebuild listed on Ebay Australia.

I'm interested, but don't want to push the price up bidding against any other forum members. If anyone is already bidding on these please give me a yell.

Thanks

Graham

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'm interested, but don't want to push the price up bidding against any other forum members.

id say a few people locally were watching that Graham.. as for not wanting to push the price up.. well posting a link on a world wide forum where people who would want those parts are reading was probably not the thing to do.. let the bidding war begin... :rolleyes:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks Michael,

Good point about the link, I've removed it.

I take it that you're not bidding at the moment.

Cheers

Graham

graham,

no i have not bid on them yet.. and i wouldn't bid until i have to.. pointless to bid on ebay before the end. As for removing the link.. either way we have a topic saying on AU ebay there is.... If there is something you find that you want the first thing i would do would be to keep it quiet.. the more people that knoe the higher the price will go. ;)

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Graham,

The only good thing about it being here in Australia, is that it may turn overseas buyers off due to the cost of shipping (current economic times). Having said that, our dollar is fairly low as well. The other thing is that if someone is after a certain item, they may also be willing to pay big dollars. Either way good luck if you choose to bid.

Regards, Robin.

TheBrownHornet

Donation Time
Thanks Gents,

I'll might keep things under my hat in future or use the personal messaging system.

The two of you are obviously very active here, are there a lot of other Australians on the forum?

Cheers

Graham

alpine_64

Donation Time
There's also a nice cylinder head on the Australian eBay, too.

Now thats somethign im not worried about leaving AU! I have looked into importing heads from UK and USA... postage makes it unviable. l;uckily i have a good stock of spare alloy heads.

steven

Donation Time
Yea, I am here, and date back to the origional Sunbeam posting list (still on it) got lots of very usefull advise over the last 10 years. Only today I finally fitted the softop to my 5GT Holbay and used the info from the Tigers United site. Very happy with the result. Now for the 4 rebuild. Oh, we Aussies also ordered the Sunbeam DVD.
Cheers
Steven (QLD Sunbeam Club)

TheBrownHornet

Donation Time
It wasn't me either.

$285 was quite a bit more than I was prepared to pay.

I'm off on another tack at the moment.
My father has two Humber (Singer) Vogues for parts. The whole front end "looks" the same as the Alpines. By looks I mean on a visual inspection of the cars and WSM at different locations. I'm still to do detailed investigation and measurements.

If anyone's looked into this before, I'd be grateful for any info/input.

Cheers

Graham

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
It may be interesting to note that the winning bidder of the f/end stuff was also successful in the purchase of the NOS Smiths clock which ended a few hours before (could have been a CE 2194/14). If I was a betting man Humphrey, I'd suggest a fellow Australian Sunbeamer and retailer of parts could be the main suspect...........................;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
It may be interesting to note that the winning bidder of the f/end stuff was also successful in the purchase of the NOS Smiths clock which ended a few hours before (could have been a CE 2194/14). If I was a betting man Humphrey, I'd suggest a fellow Australian Sunbeamer and retailer of parts could be the main suspect...........................;)

Id guess that and all the parts that that person was selling.. head, lamps, suspension kit went to QLD...