• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Series IV GT Door Panel

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am attempting to restore an Early Series IV 9400766 GT BW35 Alpine. It was headed to the salvage yard near 40 years ago. Thought hard before I made the decision to Keep and one day restore. So, now restoration is underway.

I have replaced many of the parts that had deteriorated or rotted/rusted beyond repair/recovery. A couple items needed most at present are the door cards/panels.

I would appreciate any assistance in locating for purchase. A LOAN would be OK if you would be willing to trust me to make a "copy"...... Either both door cards or just one side will be fine.....

Thanks for any offers,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes ! I do not have any of the original pieces. They were not in the Alpine when I came in possession. Do not have a clue what they would look like. I do have the top pieces, the trim along the door glass.

I have chem dipped the doors and rebuilt the bottoms and have some of the "special" metal tabs drawings made for laser cutting which will be like the originals. Just don't know what the back side of the panels are supposed to look like either.

Are there metal pieces embedded in the pleated trim ?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dan ill see if i can get someone to take pics of my repro Sunbeam specialities ones... That said.. If you want them to look correct buy from SS as the pleats are heat seams not sewn.

I also had the dimensions of them and heights ( the GT panels are shorter than ST due to doortop rolls. They have metal stiffeners just to stop them flexing at corners on the upper leading edge iirc.. Not to help them mount

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan ill see if i can get someone to take pics of my repro Sunbeam specialities ones... That said.. If you want them to look correct buy from SS as the pleats are heat seams not sewn.

I also had the dimensions of them and heights ( the GT panels are shorter than ST due to doortop rolls. They have metal stiffeners just to stop them flexing at corners on the upper leading edge iirc.. Not to help them mount

If they have metal stiffeners to stop them flexing at corners on the upper leading edge I was not aware, but suspected something different from the ST's.

Your info as usual has enlightened me..... I will try SS.