• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Series 1

napa 1

Donation Time
Wow that is an early alpine! I thought mine was really early - B9000633. I was interested to see the one fellow mention it as one of a handful of surviving 59's. Mine was produced between Sept 28 and October 2 1959, maybe I should be referring to it as a '59! :D

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
That is definitly early. I wonder what the earliest Alpine is in the US? According to Jim Forno, an Endicott dealer, he had one specially delivered to the US for a race before general stock was available.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

It is very good to see the interest in purchasing the car even though there is alot of work to be done in restoring to it's former beauty. Am I right in reading that it is build number 157? Well worth the work.

Regards, Robin.

S

Steve Kirk

I do not think this is the original engine, it has the later canister oil filter and engine side cover.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I was somewhat surprised this car didn't sell for the 840 Pounds offered... even if it was an early car.

Steve