• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Harrington "Rally Car" for sale

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thats interesting Jay,

I posted that exact car (and an ad from the same site) either late last year or very early this year. I was told it was sold. This listing is recent.. maybe the new owner didnt like the car?

Jan I ... what do you know about it?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like somebody ripped the Halda SpeedPilot out of it, though... sad... but I'll bet they made a good buck on selling that thing - they go for a small fortune.

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Thats interesting Jay,

I posted that exact car (and an ad from the same site) either late last year or very early this year. I was told it was sold. This listing is recent.. maybe the new owner didnt like the car?

Jan I ... what do you know about it?

The car has been a subject in some Motor magazines. The car was restored by Alan Millington at AM restorations in the end of nineties as it was originally, just a normal Harrington Alpine (without the padded part above the dash). Then the car was sold to Scotland and was converted to a rally car as the pics show on the old ad. The car was rallying all over Europe even on Iceland, see results and pics of the car at the H-site. The car changed owners a couple of times in Scotland before it went for sale last year. The car was sold and its new owner had the intension to convert it again, now for the race track, which obviously didn’t happen. The link shows the old advert when the price was £16995 but at MATHEWSONS home page today the price is £13995 and some new pics. Also if you have looked carefully at the two ads, one says model 1960 the other says 1963. The car was registered the 1st of Aug 1961.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Lovely car except the Rally gear. Just met Allan on the Spares Day in UK . He is retired now and only restores for fun now...