• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dual MC and Dual DCOE 40 ???

Mike snyder

Donation Time
I just installed a dual nissan f10 master cylinder in my alpine. (The engine is out of the car.) It looks like the rear DCOE 40 and the master cylinder will hit... If this is the case, how do I fix the problem? If they won't hit let me know that too so I can stop holding my breath and get on with building the engine.
Thanks!
Mike Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Dual MC with webers?

You dont have a snowballs chance in hades that the MC wont foul the rear carb.

Most of us that have done this have had to go to significant lengths to fit even the stock MC between the firewall and the rear carb.

As for solutions, have you considered right hand drive?

Mike snyder

Donation Time
D@#$, So what are my options? Is their such a thing as a proportioning valve that can sinces a pressure drop and shut off the front or rear brakes?
Thanks,
Mike Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
It would be possible to put a cross link to the passenger side of the engine compartment and put a nice tilton type proportional dual masters.

The cross link idea is not new or untested, other english cars came setup that way from the factory.

The bottom line is if you want to run webers and brake master on the carb side of the engine compartment, your choices are painfully limited.

alpine_64

Donation Time
It would be possible to put a cross link to the passenger side of the engine compartment and put a nice tilton type proportional dual masters.

The cross link idea is not new or untested, other english cars came setup that way from the factory.

The bottom line is if you want to run webers and brake master on the carb side of the engine compartment, your choices are painfully limited.

Jarrid,

didnt Brian holmes turbo alpine run something like that?

Mike snyder

Donation Time
What exactly is a cross link Tilton dual master cylinder? Do you have a photo or a link to one?
Thanks, Mike Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
What exactly is a cross link Tilton dual master cylinder? Do you have a photo or a link to one?
Thanks, Mike Snyder

Separate entities.

The cross link is a mechanical converter of motion that allows the pedal to be on one side of the cockpit, with the actual master cyl on the other.
Basically its a shaft with a lever on each of its ends which rotates when the brake pedal is pressed, the lever on the other end actuates a brake master.

The tilton (brand name) dual master cyl is an assembly of two single masters which has a threaded link between the two masters and the pushrod on a nut between the two master cyls. Commonly used on race cars, its the only REAL way to allow true proportioning of isolated master cyls. The braking balance/proportion is done by adjusting the pushrod nut position to favor one master over the other.

Go to the tilton website to see a variety of models.