• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Driving & Rally lights

P

Pembertoltd

I have a 67 Alpine and have holes in my front bumper for the driving lights. What aftermarket or reproduction lights are out there that are similiar to the original ones and what size were the originals.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I know that there are Lucas driving lights available. Not sure if they make a fog light though. I've seen a couple of variations from a bumper mount to a through the grill mount. Mostly on MG's & Triumphs, but have seen them on Alpines from time to time.
HTH.
Cheers!
Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
The Si cars has Lumax D and F1 lamps, the S2-early 3 had Lumax S8 and F8's. These were 5 - 5.5" lamps. After that the lumax lamps were badged "rootes" in the centres.

You can use Lucas lamps which are reproed.. or hunt some on ebay.. when they are bigger than 5.5" they look a bit large IMHO

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a 67 Alpine and have holes in my front bumper for the driving lights. What aftermarket or reproduction lights are out there that are similiar to the original ones and what size were the originals.

I have a set of Notek driving lights on Ol' Blue. They are the same size as the Lucas and Rootes driving lights - about 5.5 inches. They are frequently listed on ebay and normally are quite reasonably priced.

I also have a set of Rootes driving lights - yet to be installed on the Series IV automatic