• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Drivin'

Jim E

Donation Time
Man O man is the weather great for Sunbeam driving here in SC! Ran to theshop in Vader today to make up some clutch slave brackets and was it wonderful!!!! Got to love the south this time of year!

Nickodell

Donation Time
Just the same here in the "frozen" northeast. Wednesday is was sunny and 84, Tuesday sunny and 87 (a record). Today was a beautiful one at 67. Someone should tell the weather man that it's mid-October.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Weather has likewise been fantastic in the Altanta area ! Cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon, just about perfect for Sunbeaming:cool: ...now if I only had more time to enjoy!!!!!!!

Tom j

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Took my son to fencing class this morning in the beam, and the weather was perfect!

S

Steve Kirk

Perfect Alpine weather here in Texas. Will dive one of my cars this weekend.

Great fun.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
A little nippy here tonight, but the car is running so goood, Crusin' through town is great. The low speed keeps you from freezing and the engine likes running at 1100-1200 rpm. I'm going to love this thing when it is all sorted out.

Bill

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I was going to take my #1 for a drive around Utah lake today but it was raining and cold all day. Maybe next week.

I spent 4 hours today working on getting the engine fitted in #2. Almost there. Probably about 2 hours work and it will be fitted. Then it is off to the bead blaster to clean her up.

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great fun.
++++++++++++++++

Steve, are you driving an Alpine or an Amphicar?

Sam :p

napa 1

Donation Time
Hate to brag, but it's always perfect Alpine weather in California. I put petronix electronic ignition in yesterday and gave it a nice long run afterward. I just kept driving in random directions , so that I could extend the drive. Some of my neighbors probably saw me go by 10 times!

gordonra

Donation Time
You're right John, it is always perfect driving weather in SoCal!
I too put the Pertronix module and coil in my Series V last week. Made a very noticable difference in the way it runs. Yesterday I put new bushings on the front sway bar.... that made a big difference too. It just keeps getting better!

Hate to brag, but it's always perfect Alpine weather in California. I put petronix electronic ignition in yesterday and gave it a nice long run afterward. I just kept driving in random directions , so that I could extend the drive. Some of my neighbors probably saw me go by 10 times!

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm jealous. Not about the weather though. Perfect 70 degress and sunshine in Boise. The driving, I mean.

My current fun is to open the garage doors and inflict upon the neighbors, copius sounds of grinders and assorted air tools. The sounds of Sunbeam progress. As far as the neighbors go, I think they like it because they keep looking out the windows and directing unintelligible hand signals my way. Probably signs of encouragement.

S

Steve Kirk

I could have used an Amphicar this morning with all the flooding we had locally. sadly left the Alpine at home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great fun.
++++++++++++++++

Steve, are you driving an Alpine or an Amphicar?

Sam :p