• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Drivers side window mechanism

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am looking for a Ser 3 Driver's side window mechanism
I believe a set 4 would work as well

Thanks

Bruce

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is part of a conversation I had with a Gent with aTiger that has an extra hole in the door panel:
Mike, I have looked to see what the difference is between the SIV and SV. I can't see any difference and the PARTS BOOK says they are the same.

http://sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Alpine-parts-manual-SI-SV-searchable.pdf

Section YX Item Number B112 for the window P/N 2235704 RH and 2235705 LH goes from B395000001 BU and B395000001 CDK Page YX6 Also the Handles are the same B119.

Anyhow, thanks for the info! I do have all the Alpine and Tiger manuals and got nowhere with them. Read somewhere that they are in error. I know the handles changed because I got all the window crank and door handles from “Hank Kimball’s” MK1A Tiger and they are smaller. And it only makes sense that the regulators must be different because you can see mine used to have the lower crank handle by the hole, and impression in the door panel. If someone replaced the regulator (I am guessing the car lot I bought it from), and if they are all really the same, why is the crank now 3 1/4” higher?! Lots of strange stuff on these cars, and soo hard to find answers on the interwebs! Did read they raised it for handbrake clearance. Mike

Bruce, I was under the impression "all" Series III thru SV as defined in the Part Manual (above) were interchangeable ??? Appears I am wrong.

SO! If he (Mike) has a problem, perhaps there is an answer from some of the Guys here on the Forum ?
cleardot.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 14

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Series 3 and V are definitely different. I'm not familiar enough with IV to know. The extra hole in the picture Dan posted looks to be the difference between the two.

I'm pretty sure I have one Bruce - I'll PM you.

Mike