• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Driver Seat Cover (Lower)

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
"Pattern" is for a SIII-SV.

The cover I have is tearing along the seams of the inner sides of the seat, so I need a new one. My seats are in fairly good condition, why I'm trying to save what I have instead of dropping the money for a whole kit to redo them. I need one that's in good, untorn condition, used or otherwise. I don't mind a few knicks and it being imperfect, but it needs to be together and not torn. If you have one you wouldn't mind letting go, please send or reply with pics and a price.

Thanks as always!

Scott

alpine_64

Donation Time
@Scotty ,the series early series 3 is different to the later S3 bottom squab...the late s3-Iv have the same lower and back squab and the s: is different again

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the responses! I was able to acquire one thanks to @studmobile (Thanks again!).

Since it was asked, my IV has "all-black" seats. No colorful piping or any of that. It's a pretty plain jane car and I like it like that.

@Scotty ,the series early series 3 is different to the later S3 bottom squab...the late s3-Iv have the same lower and back squab and the s: is different again
Why did they keep changing it? Cost control or do the later series seats do things the earlier ones don't?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll have SIV seat covers in black w/red piping available soon. They are old
but decent shape for a driver. Post a picture of your seats.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks for the responses! I was able to acquire one thanks to @studmobile (Thanks again!).

Since it was asked, my IV has "all-black" seats. No colorful piping or any of that. It's a pretty plain jane car and I like it like that.

Why did they keep changing it? Cost control or do the later series seats do things the earlier ones don't?
The seats got cheaper and easier to make..
The early series 3 microcell have a separate thigh sqaub which allows a deeper bucketing ( like the split squab backrest)
Later S3 they combine the perimeter squabs of the base ( which looks neater) and keep the separate centre backrest squab. Which gives good lateral support.
The S3 and IV also have larger pleats and use webbing under to support the base squab.

The SV the covers and squabs become a Single peice that's less bucketed and has smaller and more pleats.
They also swicth to a rubber diaphragm to support the base.