• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Drive shaft for SV

spudman5

Donation Time
I had an earlier post looking for the shorter drive shaft for an overdrive, but I was advised to get a regular drive shaft and get it modified.

So now I'm looking for a standard SV drive shaft.

Thanks,
Mike

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I dont have one for you, but be advised that there are fine and course spline standard transmission driveshaft yokes. IIRC ALL OD driveshaft yokes are course (10 spline).

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I will check in the Sunbeam shed - pretty sure I have an overdrive (short) driveshaft. Where do you live?

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
If that doesn't work out I have a regular 10 spline Series V prop shaft available

Tom j

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a Series V drive shaft (complete) with yolk and good ujoints ready to install. Can ship to you FedEx for $20

Sent you a PM.

BTW, have a really good drive line shop here I have done work with and close to my house. I would be happy to have this shortened for you, you just pay whatever the charge is in addition. No charge for my time! :)

And their turn around is quick! Comes out ballanced and painted!

Last edited:

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Would that be equal to the 36 3/4 in long overall dimension I was given in the instructions with my new O/D sent to me? Probably, just checking

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
WSM 124 - General Data section - pg. 20 - O/A length - Alpine with O/D = 36.59 inches

The center to center length is the same in both WSM's at 29.5 inches.

The 36.5 O/A length measurement should be good unless either the yolk or coupling changed between IV and V production.