1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Door skin - NOS

Discussion in 'Ebay / Craigslist / Other Discoveries' started by puff4, May 14, 2020.

1. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

2. Warren

Warren Silver Level Sponsor

Is that a bar code on the product? That seems odd.

3. MikeH

MikeH Platinum Level Sponsor

Just pointing out it doesn’t say NOS anywhere on the Craigslist. I would think NOS would draw more than $100.

4. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

For a C note I'd buy it if I were nearby. NOS or not.

5. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

It can't be NOS because they didn't have bar code scanners in the 60's or early 70's. It looks like the skins that VB used to sell. My inventory list shows I have a couple of them stored away somewhere.

6. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

It didn't say Rootes NOS. Could still be NOS, just not as old as pre-barcodes.

7. Warren

Warren Silver Level Sponsor

You must have meant Not on sale :) Same area probably the same guy has a hood on eBay that looks like it had a big old basketball hit it twice right in the middle.... I guess basketball and Sunbeams are pretty popular dent wise that is.

8. Barry

Barry Platinum Level Sponsor

The Craigslist ad did not mention NOS. In any case, is there anything that prevents putting a modern bar code label on an old door skin?

9. volvoguys

volvoguys Diamond Level Sponsor

To the best of my knowledge, Rootes didn't supply individual doors skins, just complete shells.

This part is likely unused later reproduction NOS (New Old/Original Stock), but not OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture).

alpine_64 likes this.
  10. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

"Some modification required" depending on what series you have.

11. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

AMEN !