• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Door Glass Help

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I had to replace the door glass in my series 1. when I installed the glass in the metal channel at the bottom I got the channel to far forward. Is there a way to loosen that up so that I can slide it back about 3/8 of an inch.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had to replace the door glass in my series 1. when I installed the glass in the metal channel at the bottom I got the channel to far forward. Is there a way to loosen that up so that I can slide it back about 3/8 of an inch.
I had a problem like that on my S5 I think you will have to remove the glass and channel and carefully remove it glass channel adhesive really sticks

Scott Rodrigues

Donation Time
I have a kind of similar issue with my SIV's driver side window where the window won't roll all the way down or up. Figuring the DPO didn't install the window right.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a kind of similar issue with my SIV's driver side window where the window won't roll all the way down or up. Figuring the DPO didn't install the window right.
Scott, often when the window won’t go all the way down is that the glass channels get misaligned. What I discovered with my car was that the channels were worn out I reclined my channels with the ones from SS. It is a pain to adjust the windows but well worth it there are several videos of how to do this I think sunbeam alpine channel covers this

Scott Rodrigues

Donation Time
Scott, often when the window won’t go all the way down is that the glass channels get misaligned. What I discovered with my car was that the channels were worn out I reclined my channels with the ones from SS. It is a pain to adjust the windows but well worth it there are several videos of how to do this I think sunbeam alpine channel covers this

Thank you Gordon!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thank you Gordon!
Scott you are most welcome. I have owned six Alpines and Tigers since 1970. I worked for years on weekends with a friend who was a one man shop and one of the best mechanics I have ever seen. We worked on everything us cars German cars Brit cars as well as his race car a 67 Dart with 520 inch alcohol motor that ran a 9.96 1/4 mile. If you have questions feel free to PM me or just post to the forum. I read the new posts every day and if it is something I can help with I send a msg back.