• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Donation Time

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Seems to me there are a good number of people milking the knowledge base of SAOCA who continue to not contribute to the club. For whatever their reasons for this behavior, I personally have stopped responding to these folks. Call me what you will but, Come on folks if you're benefiting from the club, show some support.
Rant over.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dear O.P. It seems that If you desire a calendar, want to contribute to RACT you should be able to pay for it yourself. Boycotting your responses shall have the probable result of members going to Fakebook for free. Possibly you have seen the shaking out of several Sunbeam forums. Taking your ball and going home is not a great option. There is a lot of difference between the term users and contributors. Let's see donate to RACT be a member of STOA, CAT, SAOCA, TEAE, The Pacific Tiger club, STOC, ... and here is where I get into problems as I can't remember them all nor can I pay every one of them to watch them turn over the $ to RACT or assume a % of the liability for the upcoming SUNI event based on the number of members. In closing nobody can see that my partners and I donated a few AC housings to be raffle prizes at United's or am a member of more than one club and it's tough to support everyone. I am a member of STOA mostly as they add value by their TAC program for the marque, they also have events within a days drive, that's important for the non truck and trailer crowd and CAT also does the event every other year. I do think that the drift in member to sell a car or a car part is kinda sucky but to give forum members a nibble first is a good way to add value for all. You cannot figure the drift in car flipper from a dedicated enthusiast easily nor the for profit reseller from non hobbyist seller. As an Admin and officer on another forum we tried to have a paid for vendor membership and it proved really challenging as sometime the business owners are your big posters and content is king if they threaten to take their ball and go home that's a problem.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not al all, look at the posting.
How does SAOCA determine a % membership. Everyone else has a fixed cost. 35 or $50 is the usual amount . Look back to the part about the SUNI there is a substantial fee that will be paid to the hotel if the hotel doesn't get enough people there.
That fee will be borne by the clubs by a number of members.
Nobody has told us little people how that is to be divided up so it leads me to believe that I'm already going to be double paying for 2 other clubs. Then of course there's the if I give $5 and it just ends up being surplus and given to RACT I could just give that money myself and I have.

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
While the club has a fairly good idea of the cost per user, they do not want to exclude anyone due to unaffordable cost. At the same time, any contribution will help. Thus the $5 membership option. The higher donation levels are not real money makers - they essentially cover costs of the added benefits. The clubs economic goal seems to be to cover costs and any surplus used in a manner that benefits the most members. That usually means a few bucks toward Invasions. I don't understand why you bring up other clubs while defending your refusal to contribute economically to the SAOCA. What others do is economically divorced from SAOCA needs.

So you can afford to donate $5. Can you tell me in plain language why you don't. Trust me, your $5 will not be surplus. Maybe 50 cents of it will. If you really need the 50 cents, perhaps Dan will credit it to your next five dollar donation.

What is RACT and why do you think SAOCA sends money to it?

Your posts are little more than rants, bringing up subjects that are not germane to the subject and very confusing.

Bill

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rootes Archive Center Trust.
It's not about the 5 bucks it's about the OP saying he will limit his replies to the donation time banner patrons. Let me spell it out if I'm a 5 dollar member what does that do to the shared responsibility of the clubs for the SUNI event?
Quite obviously if I pay $50 to STOA and 35 to CAT it's pretty cut and dried.

Sorry you take it as more than a discussion in a Chit chat section. My point was content is why guys come here and to limit that isn't great with so many free venues.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Any Club has its givers and its takers. As it appears to me the "OP', some folks are definitely takers here and most are givers. I share my knowledge in a generally congenial way with people who share a common interest in the Marque. There are some however who, in my opinion, come in to this friendly open group, and as it appears to my eyes, only seek to improve their own, and have no interest in how, what is being given them comes to be.
You get what you pay for, and while many of us are willing to share our knowledge freely, there are certainly those who would, and do, abuse that congeniality. If you don't pay your dues at CAT or STOA you can't even comment on their forums.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
"If you don't pay your dues at CAT or STOA you can't even comment on their forums."
Sorry not true. STOA has no forum, however it does have a website that members can post things to. CAT forum has a member section in which forum members can post and those they can view only like the for sale, items wanted. If a non CAT member wants to buy he can always private message the seller.
No system is perfect, but the attrition rate to Fakebook is to be considered and it's moving in on TEAE forum , RIP CATO forum That's the Colorado association of Tiger owners, and The Sunbeam experience.

Many other big forums TheCabe, TheSamba and the Mustang and Shelby ones have a simple content based door opener minimum number of postings, or are free all together.

Last edited:

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Members, being the operative word! Your not a member with out paying.They won't allow you access or use of their sites for free. Fakebook will hopefully implode in it's own conceit. Is there any integrity anywhere?