• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Donation Time?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The forum lists me as a Platinium Sponsor, but I don't remember having sent in any money in a while. Now, I do have a bad case of what Jim Ellis once called CRS (Can't Remember Sh!t), so it is possible that I did and just forgot. Is the database up to date on membership payments? Can I safely forget about it until I get a reminder or see the "Donation Time" pop up by my name?

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Unfortunately, the donation level avatars do not automatically revert to Donation Time after 1 year. I think they only get updated when someone manually goes through the list, which we probably haven't done in a while.

This is something we are working on, I think making it automatic is doable if we set up the website correctly.

I can look up your last donation date and PM/email if you like, I know I'm delinquent too :eek:

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Jim, I turned on the Subscription checker and used your account to test if it would automatically revert to Donation Time, it seems to be working. We will have to go through and check all of the donations that were manually added, but after that it should be automatic.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I do have up to date lists but,will not be able to access it untill after the holiday .
Tom j

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I knew something was up, because suddenly my mail allotment was halved and my mailbox was full! I just renewed my membership. I hope others follow suit. There is no better bargain for a Sunbeam owner or hope-to-be-owner than this club.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I couldn't remember my renewal date so I just send in on January 1. If you need a reminder, you might try a birthday or when your car's reg is due.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Good idea. Today is close enough to my birthday that I will just try to remember to do it each year around that time. I may miss a few weeks here and there, but that should keep me pretty current.

Now, if only the webmeisters would give me my PM allotment back! ;)

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Good idea. Today is close enough to my birthday that I will just try to remember to do it each year around that time. I may miss a few weeks here and there, but that should keep me pretty current.

Now, if only the webmeisters would give me my PM allotment back! ;)

Your account will be updated shortly. I hope you don't mind I'm sort of using your transaction as an experiment to figure out why things don't happen automatically. I thought as soon as you renewed it should have set your profile back to Platinum.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am back to a store of 25 messages, which is what I had before. Still, I thought I remembered reading something about varying amounts of message space based on membership level. Is 25 right for Platinum?

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I am back to a store of 25 messages, which is what I had before. Still, I thought I remembered reading something about varying amounts of message space based on membership level. Is 25 right for Platinum?

Yes, current PM limits:
Regular (non donors) 10
Bronze-Platinum 25
Diamond 50

Not sure who set up those limits, but it certainly isn't spelled out anywhere.

I think the experiment and my changes worked and everything is pretty much automatic! Once we accepted your PayPal donation you were automatically elevated to Platinum. Your avatar will revert to Donation Time a year from now if you don't renew. I haven't verified yet, but I think the website will send out reminder emails before your dues expire.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad to see everything is now working. Hopefully, having the avatars change automatically will generate a few extra dollars for the club.

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
donations

todd : what about a address for the no paypal people.
I think I also need to pay some money.
or I can just bring it to the Invasion next month.

Brad

PS: I will bring some door prizes for the dinner or as needed.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
todd : what about a address for the no paypal people.
I think I also need to pay some money.
or I can just bring it to the Invasion next month.

Brad

PS: I will bring some door prizes for the dinner or as needed.

We can look up your donation record if you like to see when you last donated. I'm not sure if you should send a snail mail donation to Tom or Tracy. Certainly for you we can just do it at the Invasion. We will try to sort out a mailing address for "manual" donations and post that info somewhere.

Glad to hear you're bringing the usual goodies! I was wondering about that.