• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dodger Stadium 1963

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Sportsd & Exotic Cars has a picture on pg 48 showing an Alpine withChuck Parsons following close to all the Porsches. It appears they cut the valance to get improve the cooling. Robert

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Well, it looks like the cars finished in about the same order as the photo.

Here's what's really interesting... it appears the Alpine Charlie is driving is the same one Brabham drove in the Riverside Times GP in 1963.

I think somebody told me this was the only time Charlie drove an Alpine in a race.

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Robert,

I think this is the same car as Charlie Parson's Alpine...

riverside.jpg

I wonder who owned this car... Larry Reed's dealership? Maybe. It seems to have been shared by a number of drivers. I think Jim Dittemore also drove this car too.

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's a better picture of Parson's Alpine

Yes, it was the same car....

chuckandsherry.jpg

The picture is from the Gravelle Family collection (Sherry Parsons family). Thanks to Jerry Entin who forwarded me the image. According to Jerry the car was actually owned by Randy Hinton.

Now that was a good looking race car.

Steve