• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Diamond level membership incentives?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We have been talking about ways to additionally reward those who choose to donate at the Diamond level.
For those who are now Diamond members or thinking of becoming one, would you prefer getting a Yeti tumbler or mug with our club logo on it, a metal club license plate frame, or a ball cap with embroidered logo? Please feel free to suggest other items as well. Thank you! Eric

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
The only problem with an Alpine is that unless you have a badge bar, grill badges are hard to attach.
A license plate frame would work though!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Great job, some hate the idea of being a hat and T shirt club. What's also nice would be a version of the Tiger tags. Just a club business card for leaving on a wiper of a prospective member car in the wild. Hat's get grubby plate frames have their own difficulty as to mounting. Don't think you could beat a T shirt but one size doesn't fit all. Good to hear you all thinking on giving dividends :)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My choices in order...

1. Car badge (BTW, these can be mounted anywhere on the car, not just a badge bar... a simple bracket can be fabricated to attach it to bumper mounts, license plate, etc. I added a badge to my MG this way... it’s bracketed to a bumper bolt.)

2. Polo/golf shirt w/ color logo (not a big fan of t-shirts... got a drawer full that I almost never wear)

3. Colorful logo’ed dash plaque (or for engine compartment, tool box, etc.)

4. Nice logo’ed (possibly engraved?) chrome photo frame for a pic of your ‘Beam.

5. Car / picnic blanket with logo (for the little lady)

6. Folding chair w/ logo (a decent one... for car show relaxation.)

7. Cooler bag w/ logo (for car club meet & rally lunches, or just keeping your 6 cold.)

8. Tool roll w/ logo (fabric only, of course - no tools!).

Not on my list:

- t-shirts (let’s face it guys, they make our aging bellies look like we’re beached whales.)

- travel mugs (we’ve all got a bajillion of them and the ones you get with logos usually suck at keeping things warm/cold so it gets put to the back of the shelf, and you end up using the one that actually works.)

- hats (yet another thing we’ve all already got a bajillion of).

- ceramic mugs (again, got a bajillion and The Wife© is after me to “get at least SOME of them out of” her kitchen cabinets.)

- license plate surround (as noted earlier, mounting can be problematic and they don’t really look all that great anyway, IMHO, particularly on the Alpine rear as they complicate an otherwise really clean original look.)

===========

BTW, here’s how I mounted my “Whitworth Nuts Car Club” badge to my MG without a bar, for example:

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
BTW, I know a lady who runs a home business making logo’ed items and she’s made quite a lot for our local MG club, so if you do settle on something, let me know and I’ll ask her to bid on the job.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a couple grill badges.

Grill Badge with Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America was obtained in the 1990's from (I believe) someone named Andrew in Canada. I recollect bidding on Ebay and having to pay $100 for the SAOCA badge.
upload_2021-2-4_11-10-16.png

I believe the same person produced this badge as well.
upload_2021-2-4_11-11-9.png

I used these badges on a display board for my promotional Harrington Le Mans.
upload_2021-2-4_11-11-56.png

Last edited:

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
My choices in order...

1. Car badge (BTW, these can be mounted anywhere on the car, not just a badge bar... a simple bracket can be fabricated to attach it to bumper mounts, license plate, etc. I added a badge to my MG this way... it’s bracketed to a bumper bolt.)

2. Polo/golf shirt w/ color logo (not a big fan of t-shirts... got a drawer full that I almost never wear)

3. Colorful logo’ed dash plaque (or for engine compartment, tool box, etc.)

4. Nice logo’ed (possibly engraved?) chrome photo frame for a pic of your ‘Beam.

5. Car / picnic blanket with logo (for the little lady)

6. Folding chair w/ logo (a decent one... for car show relaxation.)

7. Cooler bag w/ logo (for car club meet & rally lunches, or just keeping your 6 cold.)

8. Tool roll w/ logo (fabric only, of course - no tools!).

Not on my list:

- t-shirts (let’s face it guys, they make our aging bellies look like we’re beached whales.)

- travel mugs (we’ve all got a bajillion of them and the ones you get with logos usually suck at keeping things warm/cold so it gets put to the back of the shelf, and you end up using the one that actually works.)

- hats (yet another thing we’ve all already got a bajillion of).

- ceramic mugs (again, got a bajillion and The Wife© is after me to “get at least SOME of them out of” her kitchen cabinets.)

- license plate surround (as noted earlier, mounting can be problematic and they don’t really look all that great anyway, IMHO, particularly on the Alpine rear as they complicate an otherwise really clean original look.)

===========

BTW, here’s how I mounted my “Whitworth Nuts Car Club” badge to my MG without a bar, for example:

I liker 1 and 3.

I'll throw one more into the mix. Instead of a polo...maybe a track shirt.
This is what I wear to shows and cruise-ins.
I designed this one and had it make by a local.
She actually embroidered the 'Rootes' logo and the text. The rest were patches that I purchased and she sewed onto the shirt.

Of course, the gimme would only include a club patch on a pocket and the rest of the customization would be up to the recipient.

upload_2021-2-4_14-46-53.png

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for some great ideas! We will let this post go for another week or two and let everyone know.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I like it Todd.

This is the track shirt Michael King designed and had made to match my #195 Promotional Harrington Le Mans raced by Greg Vederoff.
upload_2021-2-4_14-29-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-4_14-25-49.png
    upload_2021-2-4_14-25-49.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
I like it Todd.

This is the track shirt Michael King designed and had made to match my #195 Promotional Harrington Le Mans raced by Greg Vederoff.
View attachment 22186

Cool...I love the throwback looking stuff.
I'm still trying to find a jacket to customize that is along the lines of the Cobra/Le Mans jackets from 60s...the windbreaker looking jacket with the stripes. I just haven't found the color scheme or exact look yet.

I love the iconic, motorsports style that existed around the tracks in the 60s...even though at the time they probably thought it was anything but iconic...and try to emulate it around my car however I can.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just to toss one more thing into the mix, what about a custom SAOCA key chain? I am thinking of something like this, but with the SAOCA logo.

upload_2021-2-4_19-29-42.png

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I like the key chain idea.

Personally, I'd prefer a 16 oz Tervis tumbler to a Yeti one. I just had a custom Tervis tumbler done with my avatar image and a picture of my car on the opposite side to see how it would turn out. I think it came out great.

Mike