• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Details needed - interior and rearshelf and boot

Holmen

Donation Time
New to the forum - would like som help in getting more details of how the interior around the bodywork for the rear shelf, the boot opening and the boot-lid has been detailed on a Harrington Alpine - the first series based on the S2 Alpine.
I am assuming that all the interior bits were probably unique from car to car, but the actual metalwork would've been similar from car to car.
Noticed on the one restoration in the forum that it looks like a new crossmember has been added in order to 1.) Create a smaller opening to the boot and 2:) Create an opening for a rear shelf lid to a luggae compartment.
If the is the way to go, the I would appreciate a few detailed pictures, even measurements.
And why? - We'll I have a nice S1 Alpine that I would like to convert in to a Harrington Alpine Recreation and use for classic racing.
So, please do not crucify me for making a conversion - an original is out of reach and racing an original would probably also be a bit of a shame.

Attachments

• Alpine.jpg
    Alpine.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31

65beam

Donation Time
details

Back in October Tony Willock in the U. K. posted on Facebook that he wanted to sell a series 3 that he was going to adapt a Harrington top to. He mentioned that he might also sell the top.