• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dayton storm

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe we have members in the Dayton area. I hope all came through last night’s storms OK.

Fergusonic

Donation Time
Tornados in Indiana too..... missed me and I think they missed Bill Blue also. Nothing to mess with; I know, as my house was hit by one 4 years ago.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just talked to Ian. A tornado came within a mile of his house but no damage-not even any wind. He says it is about time he got some good luck!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been watching the news and thinking about our members in the affected areas. I am happy to know that the news is all good, at least so far.

65beam

Donation Time
Eric,
I called Ian this evening and he said there was also one that hit about 1/2 mile south of him. He said there was damage fairly close to where Jan lives. I called and left a message for Doug Jennings and he called back. He lives on Wilmington Pike which is south east of Dayton and he said they didn't get any rain.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The tornado was characterized as an EF-3 and had a path of about 30+ miles. It's path paralleled about 3-4 miles south of the I-70 corridor and moving south-east toward Yellow Springs OH.
I watched it from my house (it was about 3-4 miles north of me) and it was quite a light show, with continuous lightning and thunder. It hit everything in the path pretty hard. I then was listening to the ham radio storm watchers calling in their damage reports, hail, funnels and so on. I was shocked when I heard those damage reports coming in. Total loss of property, but everyone here is pitching in to help. This is right up there with the Xenia tornado of 1974, but without the loss of life. Just one fatality, which is just a miracle.

The TV & radio media people did a GREAT job warning us and they say that is what saved lives here!!!
Jan