• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash Pad from SS or SC ?

T L Alfreno

Donation Time
I'm ready to purchase a Dash Pad and wondering if there's a difference between the Dash Pad's that SS & SC sell?
I recently gave Rick a rather large order and would like to divide my orders between Rick & Curt as much as possible.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
It's my belief they are the same, when you get one from where ever look up the threads on the forum about fitting it, take your time and do lots of dry fits, and you'll have a great looking dash.

Tom j

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Amen to Tom's advice. I ended up cutting and pasting all the forum advice into one 'timeline' and printing it so I could refer to it in the shed.

Also heed the advice about the pad being 'off-center' by about 1/4in. If I hadn't read about that I think I would have gone nuts. Mine turned out better than I could have hoped because of the advice.

Cheers,
Paul.

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul,

Are you able to make that document available? I need to do my dash pad ...

Thanks,
Mike

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Mike, Oliver, and anyone else interested,

I've attached the tips to this post. The tips are really just a search of these forums, and note that this was a few years back, so there may be more wisdom on the forum.

Regards,
Paul.

Attachments

• dash_pad.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 47

T L Alfreno

Donation Time
Thanks Tom & Paul for the replies, much appreciated.
I've ordered the Dash Pad from Classic Sunbeam. Curt told me it is the same pad that Rick sells at Sunbeam Specialties.
Thank you Paul for sharing your compiled tips. I’m sure it will be helpful once I start the fitting and have a better understanding of the issues mentioned.

Thanks Terry

Note: If you open Paul’s file and it is a continuous string of text. Copy & Paste it into a Word Document and it will put it into the proper spacing & paragraphs.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow! I don't even remember writing that! Buts it's all true. I have fit a couple more since them and nothing has changed.
I guess it's true, anything you put out on the net never goes away.

One additional thing I started doing was drilling straight down through the existing tonnue cover stud holes with a very small drill bit (there is a second layer of steel under there)
After the dash is installed you can come straight up through the bottom with a heavy sewing needle to reveal the proper location for your studs. If you don't, you could be drilling a new location, and that's not a bad thing. You know me holes will be tight! No matter how you choose to do it, you want to get all these pieces sorted before you but the windshield back on.

Last edited: