• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash Glovebox Surround

JConstable

Donation Time
Oops,
Apparently my idea of gentle encouragement in the removal of the plastic surround for the glovebox is not the same as that of the surround itself - I cracked it in half at the point of the light. While seeking plastic pieces like this may be like hoping the sun never sets, I'll at least pose the question: Does anyone have an extra one floating around that they would like to sell?

John

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Have you tried to epoxy it back together? Then use vinyl spray paint to finish it off.....Eric

gordonra

Donation Time
It might not be so difficult to reproduce these from more modern materials.

Does anyone have a broken one, but still in reasonable condition, they could donate to create a mold, or possibly provide for me to 3D model?

With all that's on my plate right now, I'm not sure when I could get to it, but I'd give it a try.

Rich

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Does anyone have a broken one, but still in reasonable condition, they could donate to create a mold, or possibly provide for me to 3D model?

I am fairly certain I have one. I saved it planning to one day epoxy and paint it per Eric's recommendation. I'd be happy to send it, assuming I can locate it; I'll look for it this weekend.

pavarmy

Donation Time
Glove Box Plastic

I am fairly certain that I have a complete, but grungey, glove box, but with a complete upper plastic piece intact and in reasonable shape. I will look on the weekend if you wish, and if you want the whole thing(box) or just the plastic piece, then htey/it are yours' for the cost of postage. Bear in mind I am in Canada and Homeland Security may hold it up if it is a danger to anyone.

Cheers, Pav

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, I have one in pretty nice shape that I will not be using. You are welcome to it. Kevin ps. sent you an email on your engine inquiry.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Alpine West Midlands offers a reproduction of both the surround and the glovebox.

JConstable

Donation Time
All,
Thanks bunch for the tips. Gluing will be the first go round, but in an exposed location and in the middle of the surround I am skeptical that I can get it to fly. Several generous folks indicated that they had some extras they would be willing to part with, so the ball is in my court for following up on that end. And lastly, I have the new option through Alpine West Midlands. Thanks to all for the nudge in the right direction.

John