• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dark side here I come

lgurley

Donation Time
I need a Bronco oil pan and a 5 speed transmission for my 2.8 conversion. I need any parts that will help me get my V6 connected to my SV. I would like to be driving it by Spring. Spring can come early in Mississippi.

mikel

Donation Time
Larry,

There are still a few pull-a-part yards in the state that should have the pieces you need. Go to your local yard and ask them to do a lookup.

A yard in Starkville had Ranger 2.8 engines last time I asked. I traveled to Lamar, MS. for my 5 speed. All this was researched from a local parts yard and saved me from calling around.

Good luck and good hunting,
mikel

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Dark Side

Larry, you are a wise man: getting the conversion kit before starting the project. I hope you are driving by early spring.

Doug

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't forget the oil pickup tube and oil filter adapter when looking for your oil pan.

lgurley

Donation Time
Oil pan

I got my transmission on the way. Now I need the Bronco II oil pan. Any ideas?

I just got out of the hospital (ulcer, no big deal) and have been a little out of touch.
I am still looking for an oil pan for my conversion.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Larry,

Don't forget that the Bronco II and early Capris' (1974-1978) also had the rear sump pan.

Jose :)

lgurley

Donation Time
got it

Thanks,
Now the only thing that I know for sure I still need are the oil pan, the pick up tube and the filter adapter. I am sure something else will pop up soon.

lgurley

Donation Time
I think I have located the oil pan, pick up tube and the oil filter adapter. Of course I won't know for sure until I have them in my grubby little hands.

Thanks again for all the help.
I am sure I will be asking for more as the time goes by.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
There's an MII timing cover on eBay. No bids and it's about to end.
There was a 2.8 timing cover, which I bought. There is currently a listing for a Mustang II timing cover. The seller doesn't even know which engine it goes to but I don't think it goes with the 2.8

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

I don't know what that is, but I do know that it isn't a front timing cover for the Ford 2.8 V6. The Mustang II cover is made from cast steel and is a lot bigger than what you have there. This actually looks like a rear seal cover from some Japanese engine.

Jose :(

There was a 2.8 timing cover, which I bought. There is currently a listing for a Mustang II timing cover. The seller doesn't even know which engine it goes to but I don't think it goes with the 2.8

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jose

I know it's not. I got the one with the correct 74TM part number. I just posted the odd one show what not to get. The seller says is a MII front cover, but doesn't know which engine it's from. He shows part number D42b-6059. D4ZB would be a Ford part.

Mike