• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dallas Chapter Meet

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I would like to hold a Dallas Chapter meet get together on Wednesday October 25 at Houlihan's Beltline and the tollway at 6.30PM. Please respond if you are attending. This will be the last meet I organise as I will be moving to NC in November. I would like to give my list of Sunbeam oweners to someone who can continue after I leave. Ie I neeed a new chapter President. any volunteers?

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
I can probably make the meeting as I am in the Addison-Carrollton area a couple of times per week.
How many Alpine drivers are there in the DFW Chapter?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Dallas

For those in Dallas... in the past I had always asked Steve Kirk to keep an eye out for any Series 3's in the Dallas area. Believe it or not Jerry Morgan who raced at Daytona in the Continental event with his Series 3 sold it someone in his church. If it still exist my guess is it could still be in the Dallas area.

The neat part about this car is I believe it scored FIA points. (Important in collector value)

BTW, the car was Bone stock when raced other than a roll bar. He drove it to the 1000km race and drove it home. There were a few details which could help identification should somebody a candidate for review.

Steve Silverstein

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Interesting. I drove a red Series III in Dallas for several years until we needed a larger car for a growing family. My wife and I both drove Alpines and we sold mine and kept hers because it had a more useable trunk space. :mad:

PS Thanks for the correction on the year of the meeting. How did I miss that?

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Steve I am looking for people in Texas with Sunbeams and got you off the SAOCA site. Is the DFW chapter active? I am just starting the build on my series V (67) where I plan to install a 2.3 Ford with T5 or C4 auto. I am a retired custom car builder/gunsmith living in Rising Star about 150 miles west of Dallas. I just finished a 65 Mustang 6 and am anxious to start on the Sunbeam. Back many years ago I rebuilt the 1725 (I think) but got serious into street rods (won some shows/got in mags, etc) My e-mail is chasj43@gmail.com and I appreciate any info about Alpines/Tigers in the area. On some sites I'm called Charlie Cheap because I conned my wife of 48 years into helping pay for HER ring! It worked and the name stuck.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Charlie Cheap!

If the name still sticks the "wife" must also be sticking;)

Life is grand with a good wife.

robertf

Donation Time
we need to do another one of these in the next month or two once the weather stops freezing. Is anyone in the area interested in meeting up either at Hullihans or somewhere around there? We could discuss our plan of attack to have a decent Alpine showing at the Whiterock show.

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Vehicle Classes:
Austin Healey · British & European Motorbike · German · Italian · Jaguar · Lotus · MG · Classic Mini · Modern Mini · Morgan · Rolls/Bentley · Standard/Triumph · Other British · Other European

I guess Sunbeams are "Other British" :rolleyes:

Yes, this is a good idea and we should follow up and plan to attend! :)

msmoorenburg

Donation Time
I will be ready for the Austin Show In September. I'm looking forward to a road trip and with a Delorean Buddy. Maybe get a chance to Drive the 3 sisters