• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dallas British Car day

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Test Run to Tulsa on the 3rd?

Steve,
If you get your car running bring it on up to Tulsa we have a orphan show also, Wahoo!

Orphan Car Show
Coming May 3rd
9am to 2pm

Hosted by the Green Country Corvair Club
for more information see:

http://www.tulsacorvair.com/

Donna
:D

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Well Steve if my car was running I'd offer to loan it to you, but not sure it's ever going to be running in my lifetime.

I might be able to loan you a hand though if you need one.

All the best,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Hey Bill!

:)
Good to see you post again, car still not running so I would guess you not hiding under the Alpine ;)
Don't feel bad my poor Ole Vicki sit in my garage for almost 10 years, now I just need to keep her running.
I will make a deal with you get your Alpine running and I will host another invasion here, yea that ought to get you motivated :rolleyes:

Donna

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill,
I will be at the British Car Day hopefully with my Series 5. I have to fit a starter on Saturday and clean the car. See you there.

Why not put your car on a trailer and take it to the Invasion and we will get it running.

Steve

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Wow a Project for the Invasion

;)
Yes I have seen it done, last year as a matter of fact. Steve, Ian and Jim E and many unnamed crew did this miracle last year. I thought pimp my ride did a bang up job in a week but let me tell you this crew removed and replaced an engine and tyranny overnight and had the Alpine up and running the next day. This team has it going on over any NASCAR mechanics in the pit.
A bunch of Alpine enthusiast with grease up past the elbows and a dead car running, "priceless" everything else goes on MasterCard, :D

Donna
:)

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
still around and kickin' -- just not too hard

Well ya' know i did haul it on a trailer to one invasion.... ;)

BTW That reminds me I snagged the mp3 audio and website pics that MSNBC had put up of the interview of my son and our very own Steve Kirk at the beautiful 'Whale' park on Route 66 in Tulsa. Steve and/or Donna and/or anyone let me know if you want a copy and i'll email it some evening.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
You know Steve, maybe I could just buy a couple cases of beer and invite you over for a Saturday or two. That'd probably get the thing off the ground. Of course now keeping it running... That'll be a different ballgame.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
That's Easy!

:p
All you gotta do to keep an Alpine running is:
(1) Actually drive it weekly by weekly all year long
(2) Plan on replacing something every year, seriously something will need to
be fixed or replaced, and of course the normal maintenance oil change etc.

Donna

Tullamore

Donation Time
I will be picking up a new Lotus in Dallas on Saturday, maybe I should stick around another day and go to the show.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Made the Show on Saturday!

Only Sunbeam present, I had quite a few lookers. To help my real estate I parked next to the beautiful Auburn built here at the Cord/Dusenberg Factory. Those that made the 06 Invasion and the plant tour will remember our guide Felix well it is his car that I parked next to we were two out of place orphans in a sea of Corvairs. LOL
Now my husband Jim what an embarrassment, was cool but we did fix the heather last fall, he wore his heavy winter coat and knit hat with ear loppers, what a dork. All he could say was my ears are warm! I had on a hoodie over my Sunbeam SAOCA shirt and I was not freezing to death, the heater is working great was in the high 40's when we left the house, gee :rolleyes:
Was in the 60's on the way home still cool but a clear sunny day was the perfect day for a open car, NO bugs on the car!

Donna

Tullamore

Donation Time
I wish I could have stopped by but it is a 12 hour drive back to Iowa so sticking around for the show would have meant that I would have gotten home early morning on Monday.

On the bright side I am now the owner of this gorgeous Lotus

IMG_0695.jpg

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Very Nice!

So can you get in the car without banging your head yet?
So what track will you be taken it too?

Donna

Tullamore

Donation Time
Getting into it is very much the same as my Sprite and Midgets so I didn't have much trouble adjusting.

The Iowa Speedway is not far from me and I am hoping to take it to some events at Mid-America Motorplex, NASA runs events at both tracks.