• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

D series courtesy light

alpineclive

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi

My D series on a SIV body is being rebuilt and I have just been told by the bodywork chap that he thinks there should be a courtesy light switch on the tailgate but he doesnt see any holes in the fibreglass. Does anyone know and/or have pictures please?

Best regards
Clive

clivepocock@little-oaks.org

alpineclive

Diamond Level Sponsor
Answered - thanks

Hi

For those interested Jan Iggbom told me that he had never seen a light switch on a Harrington tail gate. he and others came up with the idea of a mercury switch if I wanted to make it work ...

Thanks to all who contributed.

best regards
Clive

Limey

Donation Time
mercury light

Hi,
Sorry this is so late. You probably have resolved the issue. Rootes sold an accessory mercury boot lid light, a simple holder and bulb. It is not outside the bounds of accepted period Rootes mods to have fitted one. They are common on EBay at low cost. Lucas sold them widely for many Brit cars. Simple Pos feed with fixing srew as the earth (ground)

All the best

Oliver