• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crusin the Blue Ridge Sept 21-24th 2017

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Where do you get the registration Info?

Sept 21-24th, 2017 Stanton, Virginia

Give me some Info and let's get Greggers to Display a LOGO....

I just finally made a decision to go

DanR

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a link to all the info about the TEAE United this September 21-24
http://teae.org/united-36-staunton-va/
Should be nearly 100 Sunbeams there! Scenic driving trips on the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway are planned too. A great time of year to be in the mountains.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
All 70+ blocked rooms for the host hotel are sold out. If you plan on attending, book another hotel soon as that is a busy weekend in that area!
No you don't have to be a member of TEAE or any other club to attend and yes the registration rates are the same for a member or a non member. All Rootes cars and their owners are welcome! Early registration and it's lower rates ends on August 21st-solar eclipse day!
http://teae.org/united-36-staunton-va/

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the compliment Steve!

To have won 2nd against that Green Beauty of Sy's makes me real proud.

Bragg'n a bit, I did not get to clean the Commodore Blue V6 up after the trip from SC to VA, just wiped the dew off each morning before the start of the day.

Would you believe they (the Judges) checked to see if the door and trunks locks worked?? Yep! Sure did! Mine worked like a champ for several years and even that morning I used the key to unlock all locks easily, BUt when the Judges asked for me to lock and unlock them the Drivers door would not lock:eek:

Immediately as they were walking away, I was able easy as pie to lock and unlock them;)

I'll have to kid Sy that his beautiful Sunbeam beat me out of 1st Place by a lock:D

Seriously, If you have not seen his Alpine up close, make a point to browse around the first chance you get. Nice is hardly a good word.

DanR

P.S. Being the only V6 there drew a lot of attention. People took in the A/C with keen interest too! Sold a couple of my Conversions and one Electrical Power Steering units. You should have been there! Alan's Tiger ran well on the trip.

65beam

Donation Time
Thanks for the compliment Steve!

To have won 2nd against that Green Beauty of Sy's makes me real proud.

Bragg'n a bit, I did not get to clean the Commodore Blue V6 up after the trip from SC to VA, just wiped the dew off each morning before the start of the day.

Would you believe they (the Judges) checked to see if the door and trunks locks worked?? Yep! Sure did! Mine worked like a champ for several years and even that morning I used the key to unlock all locks easily, BUt when the Judges asked for me to lock and unlock them the Drivers door would not lock:eek:

Immediately as they were walking away, I was able easy as pie to lock and unlock them;)

I'll have to kid Sy that his beautiful Sunbeam beat me out of 1st Place by a lock:D

Seriously, If you have not seen his Alpine up close, make a point to browse around the first chance you get. Nice is hardly a good word.

DanR

P.S. Being the only V6 there drew a lot of attention. People took in the A/C with keen interest too! Sold a couple of my Conversions and one Electrical Power Steering units. You should have been there! Alan's Tiger ran well on the trip.
Dan,
They also check to see that the console lock works. I'm sure you noticed the average age of the group. A/C and power steering are important things. I guess we'll see you on Long Island next year?