• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crossmember Threads

S

Steve Kirk

I was bolting the lower A arms onto my series 5 crossmember today. One of the threads appeared to strip.

How do I fix this. I am reluctant to use a helicoil as this could have serious consequences should it fail. Any ideas?

Steve

skywords

Donation Time
I would think that one could drill the threads out and install a bolt long enough to install a nut on top of the nut that is welded in place there. The best fix would be to replace the nut. My alignment shop left those bolts finger tight on the port side of my car and I drove it that way for a while till I was lubing the front end and discovered them.

How is the OD shipment progressing?