• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crooked eBay Seller

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Wow this has become more interesting than a crooked seller on ePay I hope that they didn't ding you for sales tax as done in 28 other states. Something wrong about charging sales tax on a used or in this case crappy item. I paid sales tax on a used part bought on eBay UK.
I like the Mustang Falcon tank idea but as long as you go to that trouble put the filler neck in a non Pinto like location. But those tanks are inexpensive as I put one in the 64 Falcon conv.in the driveway like 135.00 shipped with fuel sender.
Good luck on 135 bucks with a sender.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It may have been 145 but it was close to a year ago . Point is that they are cheap made from an old swing set or fridge in China... off Amazon I don't shop there often and the sender doesn't work so great so there's that too...

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
It may have been 145 but it was close to a year ago . Point is that they are cheap made from an old swing set or fridge in China... off Amazon I don't shop there often and the sender doesn't work so great so there's that too...
T A WAN Company!

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
As a follow up to the "crooked seller" issue, I did file a case with PayPal on this guy. I got word from PP today that the seller would not respond to their requests for more information on this issue so they decided in my favor and refunded my money. I understand they just took the money from his account to pay me back. Obviously this guy is not someone I will deal with again. I just want to remind members to be careful if you decide to deal with this guy. His eBay username is 8ten1944.

Rick

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad you got your money back Rick!
What is his name so that we can keep him from selling anything here on this forum?

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
As a follow up to the "crooked seller" issue, I did file a case with PayPal on this guy. I got word from PP today that the seller would not respond to their requests for more information on this issue so they decided in my favor and refunded my money. I understand they just took the money from his account to pay me back. Obviously this guy is not someone I will deal with again. I just want to remind members to be careful if you decide to deal with this guy. His eBay username is 8ten1944.

Rick

Looks like 8ten1944 is back in business selling the same rusty POS fuel tank described as having "no leaks".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Al...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

Yes, Barry. In spite of all the discussion I have had with PayPal and eBay, this seller continues to post this tank for sale. As much as eBay touts its policy to protect buyers, they have done nothing to make this seller either change his description or take the listing down. Because I have received my money back, I am blocked by eBay from posting negative feedback for this seller. I am also blocked from contacting him directly to tell him what I think of his crooked selling techniques. I just don't want another Alpine owner to go through what I had to go through with this cheat.

Rick

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
An odd thing happened to my Ebay watch list....The fuel tank in question popped up as an option for me to make a buy!

I recognized it as the one Rick had the trouble with. Tried to write a complaint but could not get Ebay to accept what I had to say. Just could not get their program to accept my comments. Finally gave up.