• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crank Shaft for My V6 Conversion

donchiotos

Donation Time
I just got the bad news from the machine shop that the crank in the engine I am going to put in my Alpine conversion has a crack. The mechanic said I would need to replace the crank. So I thought I would start here looking if anyone has one that is good condition. The engine is a 1974 to 1977 Ford 2.8V6. Or maybe someone could tell me someone, or knows of a business, that might have a crank to fit this engine. Thanks, Don C.

donchiotos

Donation Time
Mike, Thanks for the information. I looked at their web site and they have the 2.8 crank. I will give them a call in the morning to see if they stock them, and the price. Thanks, Don C

Jim E

Donation Time
Pretty sure I have an early crank in the pile, if they do not have one I could send it to them for you they are just up the road.

donchiotos

Donation Time
Jim, I just ordered a remanufactured crankshaft form RPM machine out of Salt Lake City, Utah. It should be ok, but I will take it to the machine shop so the machinist can check it out. I think I am ok, Hopefully, on the crank. Thankyou very much for the offer. Thanks, Don Chiotos