• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cracked LAT 70 Wheel! Looking for Qty1 or Full Set of 13" LAT 70 Wheels

Jbetz812

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for keeping this post alive, I really just need one of the LAT wheels that has the bigger diameter center hub. Please contact me if one or two become available, thanks.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I recall hearing things like... " You need to show your car so you can find out what's wrong with it." *

" Some people get tired of answering the same old stupid questions. " **

That is why I come here and gladly pay my membership. The info I get here is easily worth the cost of admission.

The most common objections are the cost of 13" vintage design tires or the all weather cheaper ones. I got a 7 year old set of Kuhmo tires from a MK2 guy who was upgrading to the 200 dollar each plus mount and balance.
My original LAT 70s leaked more than the usual 1/2 lb per month . They were a pain to fit on and off the car due to the fake spinner and the shoulders on the lug nuts constantly binding while re installing during service. More un fun than a cannister oil filter or the stock Tiger remote one.
Clearly it was more tolerable when I was a unseasoned citizen ;)

Per the Fakebook diss-info...
$$$ to get and find the early trim rings,
plus stock hub caps were flash chromed and even NOS ones could stand a replating IMHO. I have some legacy hubcaps that are NOS and it's not shelf wear as some collectors call it. If you go out and try to buy something as simple and law of large numbers thing like a VW bug hubcap you can buy a wheel for about the same price. Add chrome bits to the war on ice cars.

* At a Tigers United
** withheld