• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

correct fog/spot ligt bracket..??

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan,

To my knowledge there were 3 different brackets fitted to the "rootes" branded lumax lamps for alpines/tigers (excluding the ones used in combo with the badge bar). There were also other brackets that were similar produced for humbers, singers and hillmans (imagine how easy life would be if they had standardised.. then again, they would probably still exist of they didnt change things every 4 days)

The bracket you have in the pictrues looks like it might be the earlier taller bracket used on the SII/3.. or perhaps off the humbers.. i'll have to get a chance to look at the ones i have and some pf the photos of the others.. can you measure the height and the offset at which the bracket cranks?

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan,

To my knowledge there were 3 different brackets fitted to the "rootes" branded lumax lamps for alpines/tigers (excluding the ones used in combo with the badge bar). There were also other brackets that were similar produced for humbers, singers and hillmans (imagine how easy life would be if they had standardised.. then again, they would probably still exist of they didnt change things every 4 days)

The bracket you have in the pictrues looks like it might be the earlier taller bracket used on the SII/3.. or perhaps off the humbers.. i'll have to get a chance to look at the ones i have and some pf the photos of the others.. can you measure the height and the offset at which the bracket cranks?

Michael,

--top to bottom - 5 inch

--offset = 2 1/2 inch outer edge to outer edge

--Bracket barely clears the valance then rises to position the light at a good height..

I put a side view pic at my site:

http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/allanballard/Sunbeam Tiger Mk1a/

Let me know if additional measurements might be helpful.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob,

The 3rd one (or middle if you wish) is the one i thought allans might be though his seemed taller. However now he has posted a side photo it is clear that its the same profile as the one on your far right, i have seen these before but was not sure if they were correct for an alpine or tiger. They have quite a few steps that look like they may clear the valence and get up past the bumper.

As a note their is another type of bracket used on the SIV and Tigers, this was the simplest design which had a small angled bracket that mounted to the lamps that used the angled pedestal on the lamp body to level the light, this type can be seen in the brooklands gold portfolio book on p93 (the autocar road test of tiger mKI) p103 motors road test of MKI and p119, 125.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan,

All the brackets in bobs photos are from rootes, the question is is the final one (the one you have) correct for the alpine/tiger.

65beam

Donation Time
light bracket

the bracket mounted to the light uses a spacer to move the bumper away from the front valance. these have been on my series 4 for many years. if anyone is interested, i also have original brackets for the sunbeam avenger and i also have the factory badge bar and light mountings for the fastbacks.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
the bracket mounted to the light uses a spacer to move the bumper away from the front valance. these have been on my series 4 for many years. if anyone is interested, i also have original brackets for the sunbeam avenger and i also have the factory badge bar and light mountings for the fastbacks.

Thanks Bob. Is that to mean for my bracket - "yes, factory correct for Alpines?"

Allan