• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Competition press online

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
These are great! I have only had the chance to look at the 1965 issues but there are some great photos of the Hollywood Sports Car Tiger (9-11-65) and the Monte Carlo Tiger. (2-27-65) A very good Profile of Jim Adams (7-31-65)

There are also some great Alpine things, too. Check out issue 5-8-65 on Page West 1 - Bob Lear and Serguey Kondatriff.

The best is Roger Enadi's advertisement selling his Alpine.... Roger had an axle break at Stockton CA and flips it
http://www.racingalpines.org/Other Alpine Racers/additional2.html

.... in his ad he says it is the fastest F-P production car and of course, "fresh paint"... I bet it does have fresh paint!

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Alpine won a Divisional Championship in E-production

Here's little known fact I just ran across....

Norm and Ed Lamb, Dallas, Texas, won the Southwest E-production division championship in 1963 - that's right E-production.

Amazing. I never realized the Alpine did "OK" in E–production other than what Sesslar did....

There's a great story on "Fastest" Lap times at Riverside showing almost all the major cars running at the time check the Competition press issue from Feb 8, 1964 if you want a good idea how all the cars stacked up against each other.

Steve

tfctpa

Donation Time
What a great resource. I somehow have gotten addicted to the classifieds.
What I should have bought back then.:(