• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Commer Camper

64beam

Donation Time
COMMER CAMPER AT THE 20009 PHILLIP ISLAND HISTORICS.. OWNED BY NSW SUNBEAM OWNER PETER "TOMO" THOMPSON

I am very surprised the Tomo bought something as sedate as the van. What engine is in it? The superlites look great on.

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
A little info,

car has a iron head motor bored out and stroked a little.. has a toyota 5 speed in it (though apparently unless on a downhill cant make 5th gear) interior.. i should have taken more pics.. has original bed, kitchen stove etc.. was really great.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
The van is sweet! The wheels just 'make it' too. I even like the colour (as witnessed by a very close version I had my old Saab painted in...):

1977saab99gl.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
I had to look at this van again. What a neat old beastie. I do have to ask one dumb question about the somewhat 'over the top' bug screen. What's up with it anyway? Or, is that even what it is?

alpine_64

Donation Time
I had to look at this van again. What a neat old beastie. I do have to ask one dumb question about the somewhat 'over the top' bug screen. What's up with it anyway? Or, is that even what it is?

i think you will find its there to stop stone hitting the screen .. which i gather is hard to find replacements for. This car does some long interstate trips so would be a good candidiate for a truck throwing a stone up through the screen.... not a pretty solution but an effective one

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
You know, that makes perfect sense and goes right along with what I've been discovering about Australia and some of their solutions to debris damage. I have a lot of lights on my cars, (see pics) and covers for same are difficult to find these days. Then, I discovered not only a place the handled the daytime covers, but they offer clear night covers as well. An Australian retail outlet called Opposite Lock. Saved!! A little pricey but considering the issues they solved, well worth it in the long run. Haven't found good stone shields for the bonnett, the headlamps and the driving lamps from anywhere else.

I don't have a pic of the Discovery with the clear covers in place (they're in a box in the back) but they're the Aussie ones and those on the Focus are as well. Come to think of it, even the TX-1 alloys on my Discovery are Australian......

discotx1mft6.jpg

cnv0829ve7.jpg

The clear covers are from a company called ASP, Australian Spotlight Protection.