• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Coming to the Invasion

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Howdy Folks,
How bout those attending the Invasion, bring a local snack to share in the hospitality room at the hotel, it's fun to see what folks in different places reach for when it's snack time.
I'm bringing one of our favorites.

Tom j
See you all Thursday!

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's not the point, most people have a favorite snack that they get in their area , some are available everywhere some however have a limited distribution area.
That's what I'm saying. I never had eaten Walleye until the Minnesota invasion not a snack but,
You don't have to join in it's just a suggestion.

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
No, I think you're missing it. Not asking you to supply the invasion with snacks , just share a snack that you like that other folks may not have access to. That's all , you need not
join in if you don't want to . Really what's the big deal.

Tom j

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

Tom,
if you wanted something like this to be done you should have jumped on board months ago and offered to handle the hospitality for bill. he took on a task that shouldn't be done by one person and he would have welcomed the help. I know what it takes to do an event since I set up the events for last years united in Dayton. KUDOS to bill for taking on something that requires many months to set up instead of the few that he had. but he did it!!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob, cool off.

While it is (may be?) the responsibility to provide snacks, there is nothing that says contributions are not welcomed. I find that kind of stuff the most difficult to provide for. Getting enough of the right munchies and not totally blowing the budget is a tall order. I look at this as a great advantage, it makes the experience all the more interesting. If we end up with too much stuff as a result, I can assure you we did not buy anything that we cannot purchase from the club and eat at home in our leisure.

In addition, I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Bill

sd_pace

Donation Time
I think its a great idea to have different member favorites snacks to try... If I could of made it up I would have my favorite dish of Haggis in a cone... yum!:D

(Bill great new tag line) you ol' speed demon!:eek:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Haggis? Damn, now you've gone and made me glad your not coming!:D

Glad you noticed my new tag line. Maybe it will encourage people to use the single gear test in the intended manner. I am really disappointed in the lack of response.

Bill

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I might be able to bring the haggis.:cool:

Not many SE British car shows get by without it. A lot of them piggy back with the Scottish gams festivals
Tom j

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Gee Tom I was hoping you'd bring some BBQ ribs! With some Carolina mustard based sauce....

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wellllll, ribs are always served after the norcross show, except this year. Since there's already a bunch of activities planned
Come on down next year.
Tom j

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ribs? There is a thoroughly great rib place here in Connertucky. Maybe a little side trip north could be in order. Don't know about the mustard sauce. But no matter. These are slow cooked smoked ribs that literally fall off the bone and sauce only detracts from the flavor.

Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Ribs? Somebody say ribs? You guys better post pictures and updates. Maybe I don't really have to go to LA this weekend to see my poor old sick mom.

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Chinese, no ribs, in Franklin, NC

We have bunked in Franklin, NC...12 hours from florida... rear carb throttle linkage slipped loose from front, so running on front carb only...drenched in loctite and snugged back up, back on both barrels. Blue highways! Shannon & Deb

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We have bunked in Franklin, NC...12 hours from florida... rear carb throttle linkage slipped loose from front, so running on front carb only...drenched in loctite and snugged back up, back on both barrels. Blue highways! Shannon & Deb

"Damn the Torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Bill