• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Columbia, South Carolina 8th Annual SOS

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
12 Sunbeams and over 115 British cars in total are registered so far-looks like a big crowd is coming. We have half of the level field this year for the show so there is plenty of room for more. Todd has ordered great weather for the whole weekend so come and join us! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think I heard Eric say he was wearing one!

The extended forecast for next weekend is mid sixties for Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see a bunch more nonregistered Sunbeams show up!!

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric does not wear a kilt-don't have the legs for it......!
If anyone needs any large parts-soft top frame, windshield frame, bumpers, etc. let me know and I can bring them to the swap meet. Thanks, Eric

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I just got word that Paul's had other stuff come up. So the wife will be stepping into the co-pilot's seat.

Hopefully I'll be able to convince her to do as much to prep the car for the show as Paul usually does. I highly doubt it.

Thanks Greg! Look forward to seeing you. Anyone coming with you? Have any parts to sell in the parts room?

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sam, You at least have to wear those plaid shorts Beth bought you last year!! Please let the Tolbert's and the Allen's know!!

Should have a great turnout to see Eric Gibeaut in his Kilt!!

Cheers,

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anybody need anything specific for the parts room?

Stuff that can come from Atlanta area if anyone's interested:
  • 5 wire wheels with hubs and new tires
  • Two seats
  • SV gauges
  • Distributor(s) outfitted with Pertronix
  • Other random bits

Stuff that Atlanta folks might be interested in:
  • SV speedo cable
  • SV heater valve

dmich2

Donation Time
In light of this weekend's forecast......any "kilters" are authorized
( mandatory !!! ) to wear underlings........:eek:

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam SOS

Another great SOS! Thanks to all who attended and to Todd and Denise for setting everything up and taking good care of everyone. It was really good to see Bob and Judy with their Alpine again too! After a rainy Friday, the weather on Saturday started out around 40 degrees but warmed to the mid 50's under a clear blue Carolina sky. It was very windy though so the kilt wearers had jackets on this year. About 15 Sunbeams were in the show and they all gathered a coating of yellow pine pollen. Some folks got so relaxed in the SOS tent that they took a nap.......See y'all later this summer at the United!

Attachments

• Sunbeam SOS March 2014.jpg
    Sunbeam SOS March 2014.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Sunbeam SOS March 2014 2.jpg
    Sunbeam SOS March 2014 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Sunbeam SOS March 2014 4.jpg
    Sunbeam SOS March 2014 4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Sunbeam SOS March 2014 3.jpg
    Sunbeam SOS March 2014 3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 31

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That sure is a "Nice" looking Blue Alpine :D

DanR

P.S. Thanks Eric for the post! And thanks to all that attended! Cold wind! Warm Sunshine! Lots of legs showing.....

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Had a great time as always Great way to kick off the season. Great seeing everyone see you at Dobson
Stephen

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Goodness, wait till you have your car here and see how much more fun you will have!!! "bucky"

It's always a great weekend that I look forward to each year. I

See you at the Furman show I hope!

Cheers,