• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cold War Up and Personal

skywords

Donation Time
I first saw this shot I thought these aircraft were parked on a ramp but they are airborne. Typical of the cat and mouse games played by the Soviet Union and the US in those days. It is truly an aerial shot for the wing of the US jet is bent under flight load.

http://sfahistory.org/bbMiG19.jpg

Nickodell

Donation Time
I see the Brits and Norwegians had to scramble fighters yesterday. Looks as if Putin is determined to take us back to the Cold War and test NATO readiness and speed of reaction. That and squashing dissent at home. Hell, what else can you expect from an ex-KGB thug?

Maybe, if Fred Thompson gets elected, we'll have another generation of an ex-actor facing down the Evil Empire. Problem is, this time we may not be able to spend them under the table as in the 70s and 80s. Now Russia is swimming in oil and gas. Incidentally, if you use Lukoil gas stations, you're putting money in their pockets. (Citco $ go to another dictatorship, Venezuela).