• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch

skywords

Donation Time
I have rebuilt the MC and slave and installed the clevis on the forward hole of the pedal to fit my short fat legs. The clutch is working ok but does not ingage until the pedal is almost all the way released, I am thinking this is indicative of a worn clutch plate? It does not bleed off and does not slip yet. Oh and this is my Series II with the 1725.
Any thoughts?

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I have rebuilt the MC and slave and installed the clevis on the forward hole of the pedal to fit my short fat legs. The clutch is working ok but does not ingage until the pedal is almost all the way released, I am thinking this is indicative of a worn clutch plate? It does not bleed off and does not slip yet. Oh and this is my Series II with the 1725.
Any thoughts?

Common clutch possibilities:

Is the slave mounted on the right side of the tranny?
You say it's a SII with a 1725, parts for the clutch changed over those years. Do you have the right parts for the tranny? The pushrod in the slave changed lengths as did the pivot part and the pedestal.
Is the pipe to the slave on the bottom and the bleeder on the top?
How did you bleed it? Did you use that clip on the floorboard to hold the clutch down while you opened the valve?

skywords

Donation Time
Jay
Sorry for the delay in answering your post I parked the Series II till I can get to it. I thank you for your insightful tips and will check those things ASAP. I used my 9 yaer old son to help bleed the clutch after the MC was reinstalled. I have not seen any clip for holding the pedal depressed but there is alot of things I know nothing about concerning these cars. The clutch worked fine at one time so I think the linkage is correct and maybe bleeding again will fix it. The slave is mounted on the near side with the pushrod facing aft and the bleeder at the top.

Thanks again

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Which is the "near side"?

Jay
Sorry for the delay in answering your post I parked the Series II till I can get to it. I thank you for your insightful tips and will check those things ASAP. I used my 9 yaer old son to help bleed the clutch after the MC was reinstalled. I have not seen any clip for holding the pedal depressed but there is alot of things I know nothing about concerning these cars. The clutch worked fine at one time so I think the linkage is correct and maybe bleeding again will fix it. The slave is mounted on the near side with the pushrod facing aft and the bleeder at the top.

Thanks again

skywords

Donation Time
Sorry I am trying to sound like I know more than I do.

Near side is Left according to the manual. The right being the farside.