• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch pedal hold-down??

twospeed

Donation Time
Hello every one.Inside my alpine right behign the clutch pedal there is a "c" shaped ring. If you push the clutch pedal all the way down you can put this ring around the pedal and it holds it down.
Is that what it is for?
Thank you all

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
My guess is that it is to hold the clutch pedal down!

Sounds reasonable, next question: Why would anyone use a clutch pedal hold down? Leaving the pedal down while the engine is running is not congruent with extended throwout bearing or crankshaft thrust bearing life. In addition, I would never trust the clutch hydraulic system.

Bill

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I would imagine that a previous owner has fitted this to enable the clutch to be dis-engaged for lay-up times to prevent the friction plate binding to the flywheel. This a problem that I have with my Rapier if it is left for more than 2-3 weeks.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Air-pine has one too; so does the rustbucket parts car. Might be useful somehow if one is bleeding the clutch without a helper maybe.

Allan