• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

clutch master

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Drat ! I lost the picture of the master just after disassembly(taken not lost) and of course I can't remember how it was. It's just like in the WSM ...except the push rod, and I didn't have the collar(looks like a washer?) that goes on just before the circlip, The push rod picture (see avatar) that is a clutch MC push rod correct ? What's with the washer/collar looking thingy that fits perfectly into the end of the master, and has a bevel that the push rod "nub" fits perfectly into.. make sense? Also the little sleeve what purpose does that serve? Does the washer/collar on the push rod go into the cylinder before the circlip. If so how would the boot be fitted ?

Thanks, Tom J

mikephillips

Donation Time
The washer on the pushrod shouldn't be able to come off, the flare at the end of the pushrod is larger than the hole. The washer goes in the master then the circlip goes in, then the boot goes over the outside. All this is there to prevent the pushrod from pulling out of the master and to keep crud and water from getting in.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Mike, I thought that,(better to ask than act sometimes) but the WSM says leave push rod attached to pedal. Which would make it very difficult to remove from car :D

All right! one more step closer to DRIVING again !!

Tom J

mikephillips

Donation Time
God only knows why they said to leave it attached to the pedal. I've always removed and replaced the whole thing as a single unit. seems to me it's a lot easier to pull the pin from the pedal than to try to remove the circlip....