• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch anti rattle springs

Wiz

Donation Time
Hi this is my first post. I’m rebuilding a 67 alpine and have discovered it has a series 2 or 3 engine and tranny. I have rebuilt the engine but now I find the anti rattle clips holding the thrust bearing are not there and I can’t seem to find them anywhere to buy. So what is the solution. Thanks

Wiz

Donation Time
Thanks for your replies however I’m referring to the thrust bearing which the release bearing presses upon, its part of the pressure plate and fits into slots in the release levers and the anti rattle springs hold it in place. If I can’t find the springs what else can I do.Thanks

65beam

Donation Time
The easiest thing is to buy another pressure plate from either Classic Sunbeam or Sunbeam Specialties.