• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Close encounter with a V6

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
I was driving through one of the less fashionable parts of town today and happened to see two Spitfires and a Midget parked in front of a real "shade tree" garage. The guy who runs the place, Willie L., said he'd worked on all kinds of British cars. When I told him I was dropping a V6 into an Alpine, he said, "Yeah, that's what's in that yellow Triumph. German V6 out of a Capri." We raised the hood and sure enough. Pretty interesting conversion and lots of room to work in there because of the configuration of the Spitfire's front end. Even with a two barrell and stock intake manifold, I'll bet that sucker could fly. It was pretty rusted out otherwise. I'll probably be towing my car over there eventually.

britbeam

Donation Time
I was driving through one of the less fashionable parts of town today and happened to see two Spitfires and a Midget parked in front of a real "shade tree" garage. The guy who runs the place, Willie L., said he'd worked on all kinds of British cars. When I told him I was dropping a V6 into an Alpine, he said, "Yeah, that's what's in that yellow Triumph. German V6 out of a Capri." We raised the hood and sure enough. Pretty interesting conversion and lots of room to work in there because of the configuration of the Spitfire's front end. Even with a two barrell and stock intake manifold, I'll bet that sucker could fly. It was pretty rusted out otherwise. I'll probably be towing my car over there eventually.

Sam why would you need to tow your car over to his garage? Get that baby runing and drive over. LOL
Dwain

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Sam why would you need to tow your car over to his garage? Get that baby runing and drive over. LOL
Dwain

I might well drive over there, but I'd have a hard time stopping without brakes. Having screwed up brake jobs before, I'd just as soon pass on the work to someone else. And I need some welding on the undercarriage. You know me, Dwain. Even with the car on jack stands I'd have a hard time getting underneath. :p